From:
Minta Taylor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Apr 2003 07:58:34 -0700
A lot of you have given advice over the last 6 months concerning my
ferret Linus, so I thought I would let you know he passed away this
Friday, at 12:10p.  He was 8 years old + a couple weeks, and terribly
tired.  I took him to work that Friday, I sensed he was shutting down.  I
had gotten him another antibiotic the night before, and a vitamin B-12
shot in the hopes of improving his appetite.  But, Friday morning came
around and he was clearly getting worse.  He spent the morning on my lap,
under the desk, tucked into his sleepy sack.  He had pretty much stopped
peeing/pooping, despite my best efforts, and when he refused food at
11am, I knew he was close to the end.  He passed really quickly, very
little drama.  He was definitely ready.

Linus was a really super friendly ferret, the friendliest most playful
ferret in the world.  He loved playing with any animal, loved bananas and
bathtubs.  He never ever used his mouth, not in mock play or any other
situation.  He could never sit still long enough to be held, unless he
was sick or recovering from surgery.  But he was so friendly!!!  Alas, he
was a bit slow on the uptake, but he meant well.  He started out a silver
ferret, but by the time he reached the ripe old age of 8 he had maybe one
black hair on his entire body.

I really appreciate people taking the time to offer suggestions or advice
about Linus.  We think he died of either of massive inflammation in his
g.i. tract, or cancer.  He wasn't in pain though, at least not to the
point of grinding teeth.  He will be sorely missed.  I had him for 6 1/2
years.

Minta & Linus