From:
Dolores Mink <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Aug 2000 13:31:34 -0500
Can anybody help me with this?  My 1 1/2 yr. old ferret Boo has a bump or
growth at the end of her tail!!  I took her into the vet a few mos.  ago
for a checkup and shots and pointed it out to him then.  The vet thought
it was an overgrowth of scar tissue, like that she had somehow injured the
tip of her tail and it just healed wrong.  I was satisfied with that answer
given that I did remember a time when she was weasling through the couch
and we heard a squeal and by the time we got there she must have freed
herself from whatever had her.  So I thought OK.  It doesn't seem to bother
her, you can touch it without complaint.  BUT, it has gotten bigger in
the last few mos. !!!!  So now we're kinda worried.  Does this sound like
anything?  I wanted some advice from fellow ferreteers out there, maybe
someone has the same thing.  I just don't want to have to take Boo in to
the vet and have him chop part of her tail off if I don't have too!!! :(

Please give me any ideas or suggestions, I appreciate it!!  Thanks.

Kris