From:
Brad Laraway <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Thu, 20 May 1993 07:56:05 -0400
        One of our shelter ferrets went under the knife yesterday for
a possible adrenal tumor and bad spaying. The vet found nothing, he said
he looked every where. Even took great care around the kidneys looking
for a possible misplaced adrenal.  He took some blood tests while he had
her down and know believes it to be cushings.

        The reason he opperated on her so quickly was he thought if
we waited a day or two she may become to weak to survive.  We picked
her up tuesday night 5/18 under the knife wensday 5/19. I hope she
doesn't hold this against us.

        My big question here is how bad is cushings?  I know she'll
have to take medicine for the rest of her life and it is not at all
cheep according to the vet.  What should I expect from this poor
little girl.  I am thinking of keeping her instead of trying to put
her up for adoption.  Thanks.

        Brad, Sebastian, Mako and ??????

        P.S.  It's nice see FML is alive and well again.