From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Dec 2000 14:38:11 -0500
>*I* get sick and what pops out of my mouth is, "I have to go to the vet."
>I have actually said this, on more than one occasion. <g>  Yes, I am a
>major source of amusement for my friends.

A friend asked in a busy bank line (public place) ten years ago why I was
due to go into the hospital and I said that I was going to be spayed.
Hey, it was accurate enough...

The first thing we do when buying an appliance is to get on our hands
and knees and check the base.

The first thing we do when giving catnip mice is to remove the button
eyes and nose.

The first thing we do when we buy a small appliance is to remove the
rubber feet.

The first things we say when a dog sniffs out hands is "Yes, those
are ferrets.".  (We'd never be so interesting ourselves...)

>I've had my real ferrets mistaken for animitronics at sci fi cons where
>there tend to be lots of exotic shoulder pets, exp dragons and fire
>lizards.  Scoozies are so fun!

Have you seen Barbara C. at any?  Haven't talked with her in years and was
just wondering about her recently.  She has a great singing voice and used
to describe singing ferret-sci-fi and ferret-fantasy songs at some cons.

On the serious side: despite precautions Warp got influenza from me,
requiring an emergency vet trip last night with her close to crashing.
She is okay now, but is requiring a lot of care.  The progress is in the
right direction.  We have only rarely had them also get it when we have
because we are careful, but it's very hard when they do.  She just got in
(and so far kept down) her second meal today and has stopped coughing.
Having a/d with water,made warm-hot, and sleeping in doubled -up sleep
sacks due to internal temp drop last night.  Much improved on all counts.
Has antibiotics, too, because of secondary infection risk and her
pre-existing condition.