Date:
Tue, 18 Apr 2000 23:25:07 -0400
Hi all

I just noticed that Birch's vulva is swollen.  She had already had her left
adrenal removed when she had her tumour a couple years ago.  She was 3.5
years old and the symptoms were the same as now.  Birch will be 6 in July,
she's fairly healthy, if a bit thin, right now.

I'm going away for the week, and I'm wondering how bad it is to leave it
till then.  Can somebody give me some information on Right adrenal tumours?
I think there was some mention of the tumour growing into the vena cava or
something.  How fast does that usually happen?  I don't think her vulva
could have been swollen for more than a couple of days.

On a less urgent note, Storm has also lost some fur on the bottom of her
tail.  It's been that way for a few weeks now, she has not lost any more
fur since then... what are the chances it is adrenal?

My other question is whether anyone know of a vet who does cryosurgery in
Ontario, preferably in Kitchener-Waterloo, Guelph, or greater toronto area.
I'd prefer to get that done if it is available.  If it isn't, can somebody
recommend vets that have done adrenal surgeries in this area, such as the
vets at the University of Guelph?  My regular vet doesn't do exotic
surgeries, she gets someone in to do that, and I'll like to have other
options available if that someone isn't experienced with ferrets.

I'll be talking to my vet tomorrow morning, but any information is welcome.
Thanx very much for your help!

Selina, Birch, Dief, Sprite, Storm, Sand & Bear

PS I'm using my friend's account to write this.  She's going to keep me
posted on replies and the condition of Birch while I'm away, so please
reply to the above address ([log in to unmask]).