From:
FerretHill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 May 1999 14:52:02 -0600
Hello y'all,

Got a question regarding distemper and rabies vaccines...

Two of my fuzzbutts were adapted from the shelter a couple months ago, and
I will be moving out of state in August.

I want to have documents from the vet on hand proving that they had their
shots before I move.  One of the two shelter kids is 9 months old and the
other is 7 months old.  Would it be okay if I just go ahead and have them
get their first yearly shot early in July (they will be 11 and 9 months) I
think the 11 month old would be fine, but what about the 9 months old kid?

The shelter told me that they had their shots, but I don't know when and
what their shots history are, I don't think they were vaccinated while in
the shelter, I'll be sure to ask.

This will help if I can have all four get their shots at the same time.

And yes, fear not, I will have the two weeks in between the distemper and
rabies shots.

Also please let me know what medication my ferrets can take for heartworm
prevention, I know that we have mosquitoes around here and my vet doesn't
seem to know much about prevention for ferrets.

By the way, the youngest, Food Stamp, has really improved now, he is not
drawing blood anymore on my hands and even now finds my ankles boring.

I also completed their new cage (which is always open anyway to allow free
roam when I am home) that is about 6 feet tall, 2 by 4 feet in plan, three
full floors, four balconies (1/4" plastic sheets with eyescrews), two
hanging plastic "baskets", hammock, PVC pipes that connects each level
(allowing me to separate into three units if I need to insolate them), all
this with oak plywood (don't worry, it has very thin plexiglass covering
the floors) and trim, it is not heavy and on wheels to allow me to move it
easily.  It has all the goodies!  Talk about being spoiled.  I also decided
to go ahead and got the 5-gallon rubbermaid tubs and drilled 4-inch
entrance hole.  They love it!

Ferrethill and the Fab Four: Soda-Pop, Mocha, Cheswick and Food Stamp

* "Thar ain't no fool like them war-dancing weezels!" *
* IQC number: 35125920                                *