From:
Ronnie DiComo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Jul 1998 10:49:50 -0400
>What is with ferrets?  They know exactly how to worm into your heart to
>get you to take them home, and then they change personalities on you.

I've always heard that your first ferret is usually very well-behaved so
that they get you hooked on ferrets.  Any ferret after that is entitled to
be wild, crazy, and totally nuts.  That's how it's been with my guys.  It's
a tough job, being a first ferret.

Moving & Storage
For several years, Ralph has faithfully guarded the stash of squeaky dog
toys, assorted gloves and socks in the kitchen cabinet.  For some reason,
he has now decided that they should be moved to various parts of the living
room.  However, this upsets Prince Charming, who moves them all back again,
which in turn upsets Ralph.  So the treasures are constantly being moved
back and forth.

Vaccines
*Any* vaccine, for human or animal, carries a risk.  Many ferrets have had
reactions to Fervac.  A lot of vets will pre-treat ferrets to prevent a
reaction (with benadryl I believe?) and will ask that you and your ferret
stay a while afterwards, or that you at least keep a close watch on your
ferret.  Good reasons to vaccinate ferrets--distemper is fatal; with rabies
you are protecting your ferret from uneducated people as much as from
rabies.  There is a lot of controversy about vaccines in general, for humans
and animals.  It's not a simple issue.

Year 2000
Being prepared for emergencies in general, 2000 or not, is always a good
idea.  Look at the fires in Florida, floods, etc.  You don't have to be
paranoid to be prepared.

--Ronnie