From:
Danielle Frye <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Apr 2001 18:20:41 -0700
Okay, Matan must not be very concerned about obtaining responses because
he has not responded...just asked more questions that are very hard to
interpret.  I actually wonder if this isn't somebody playing a little joke
on the FML readers?

Now, on to a somewhat funny story (at least I can laugh about it now).
Last night I let all the ferrets out for a full-run of the house.  Usually
I put a chair in front of the kitchen garbage so that they don't have
access.  My hubby takes the garbage out to the curb on Thursdays for Friday
pick-up, so he had a full bag ready to go in the kitchen.  At 11pm I went
to put all of them away and could not find Dopey.  We looked everywhere (I
am crying at this point), and he did not come to his squeaky, which is very
unusual.  Then I remembered, GARBAGE!  He loves to go in the garbage.  I
asked Jim to go look in the dumpster by the curb and sure enough, there is
Dopey, staring up at him with face full of coffee grounds!  Jim grabbed
him and we bathed him (boy did he stink).  We figured he was out there for
about 1 1/2 hours.  I was very angry and I guarantee that from now on, Jim
will be checking the garbage BEFORE it goes out to the curb.  It is funny
now, but scary that these things can happen.

Even those who have had ferrets for a long time, can make mistakes.  Please
be careful!  I am so thankful that this mistake turned out okay.