From:
"Lisa N." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Oct 2012 21:48:55 -0700
I am sure the person who needs the 2 implants in Canada will get some
private replies, as I did when I asked about where to acquire some.

The reason for my writing is I was told that now that Virbac has bought
the rights in the USA, the USA will not be allowing import of Des from
Australia.

The vet also informed us that the price of the implants have DOUBLED
(the cost to the vet). My worry is that now vets everywhere, instead
of just adding on that additional doubled coast (what they cost $20
something each?) they will double the actual cost of the implant
procedure and all itself. I am not happy.

And of course there was talk of using the implants to prevent adrenal
by using them in unneutered ferrets; however, almost the entire US gets
supplied with already neutered kits. There is not really any use except
if you get a private bred ferret. He suggested also that every ferret,
even neutered, gets one. I am not so sure; I thought then if you had a
tumor growing, you may not realize it....if I went the route of going
every ferret gets a yearly implant, I would certainly suggest an
ultrasound then at the time of the new implant. Maybe I am just crazy.