From:
Patrick Hallahan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Jul 2006 08:18:51 EDT
At our last yard sale for the kids in our shelter, along came a dark
eyed, 12 year old young lady of Spanish decent.

We had some of our adoptables out in a play pen when she walked up,
looked at the kids and turned to her mother and said, "Momma, esta Ratta"
And so being fortunate to be able to speak Spanish I informed the little
girl that these were not rats but ferrets.

Which has me wondering, just how many people in this country think these
fur ball are indeed rats?  And have any other clubs or shelters come
across this misunderstanding?

At our yard sales, club meetings which are held at a local library we try
to inform the public all about ferrets, we are going to have a day at
PetSmart soon to take applications for adoptions and also to get more
information out to more people about these kids are not rats but fuzzy
bundles of love.  It sure would not hurt if everyone got the information
out that these babies are not rats.

Patrick and the 12 balls of fire