From:
Cinnamon Sprite <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Jun 2004 08:03:04 -0400
I was a bit disturbed by something said in your post.  Please consider
this a polite inquiry for clarification.  You referred to Ferrets as
your "hobby".  Animals, of any kind, are not something most would
consider a hobby.  I'm having a little trouble understanding how someone
who rescues (whatever any decides the term means) could use such a term.
For clarification on my part, according to the dictionary a hobby is a
pursuit outside one's regular occupation engaged in especially for
relaxation.  I don't believe I've ever heard any rescuer, shelter
operator, etc., describe what they do as something they do for
relaxation.  The term hobby most often brings to mind such things as
stamp, baseball card and/or coin collecting.  I've never considered it
a word that should be associated with living things.  Perhaps your
interpretation of the word differs from mine as well as the explanation
found in the dictionary?

--
Karen McCabe