Date:
Sun, 16 Mar 2008 21:25:00 +0000
I live in the State of Maryland and am proudly owned by 4 fuzzbutts.
I am desperately seeking a room or any small area to rent cheaply. I
an disabled and find that in this state there is not much help for
an abused person who is disabled and unable to work. I have tried
everything I can think of but have been unable to find a place for us.
As my husband deserted me when he was arrested for domestic abuse (he
became angry at being held responsible for his behavior) and is now
declaring bankruptcy and surrendering the house (he works) I am afraid
that I am going to be put out in the street. I don't have much income,
the restraining order demanded that he pay me 20% emergency money. This
has fed us but does not put a roof over our heads. I do not, cannot,
give up the 4 pairs of eyes I promised a forever home just because of
the behavior going on. I would be entitled to more if I had money for
an attorney but being disabled I find myself financially dependent on
someone who is abusive and controlling. I am still working on that and
believe that if I find a place cheap enough he would cover that. The
problem is not that I would not take the abuse for the fuzzbutts sake
(he does not abuse them) but with the bankruptcy pending and on the
credit and the little I receive (not to mention the prejudice against
renting to ferret owners) I keep hitting a brick wall.

While I would be entitled to services such as a place, it does not
include my fuzzies, which I insist on keeping. I am posting this here
because I know that you all share the feelings I have for my fuzzies.
If there is anybody that has a room or space to rent PLEASE let me
know. I must continue to see to the fuzzbutts safety and well-being and
am willing to make tremendous sacrifices to accomplish this. There has
got to be a way out of this horrible situation I find myself and I am
frozen in fear and horror over where to turn to next. Again, any advice
or space available for rent for myself a nd my 4 angels is welcome.

Thank you for listening and hopefully some feedback.

Sincerely,
Marianna Garrett