From:
Debra Thomason <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Mar 2001 08:24:46 -0600
>[Moderator's note: It's a new one for me -- I have no idea what a Sims
>Resource is -- must be getting old or something.  Anyhow, I asked for
>further info but didn't yet get a response, so assuming everyone else
>knows about this but me, I'm posting it anyhow :-)  BIG]

BIG!!  And here I thought you'd know an obscure reference to just about
anything mentioned by a subscriber!  Okay, it's just obvious that you read
more than you shop for and play computer games. <g>  The Sims is a
simulation game where you "play" a character and <hopefully> their family.
Your people-- Sims-- must care for themselves (eating, hygiene, household
cleaning and maintenance), get, hold, and advance in a job, build and
furnish a home, socialize, and develop themselves.  It's been called a
life simulator.  It's very graphical and fans have created all sorts of
items that one's Sim can buy for their homes to advance all their needs.
Everything from "skins" for a different look for your Sim to home decor
to (apparently) a pet ferret!  The game was highly rated last year.  I
haven't played in a long time-- I'll have to go get that ferret now!

Debra in Fort Worth