From:
Billie Reynolds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 May 2002 07:46:15 EDT
I am a new ferrets slave so I'm not sure how to train a ferret, but
they sure have done a good job training me!!  My Mo and Roo have 2 very
different personalities.  Neither one are lap ferts and prefer just to
play, chase each other and get into whatever they can find.  Short
attention span is an understatement.

Shortly after getting my ferts I started noticing strange quirks with
them.  Especially my Roo.  Neither one comes consistantly when called
unless raisins are in hand.  But oddly enough...Roo fetches.  Not typical
fert behavior..that would be Mo.  Mo hides everything!!  But Roo will
bring it back.  If I am on the computer and she sees my pen drop or
anything she can pick up, she rushes over, picks it up and climbs up my
leg to give it back.  This was all unprovoked.  She's such a sweet ferret.
She will also sit on the bed, about 3 feet from the computer, and start
making little noises to let me know she wants to be picked up.  I just
hold out my arm and she jumps on.  So now every time I hold out my arm
to Roo she jumps for it...no matter where she's at.

Billie
Mo the fat and sassy one
Roo a.k.a the fetching ferret

P.S. These 2 are "rescue" ferrets because the previous owner "just didn't
have the time anymore".  How could he not make time for these 2?  They
have enriched my life more than words can say in the short time they have
been here.  If I'm sad..play w/ferts...mad...play w/ferts...happy...war
dance w/ferts..and all is good again.