From:
Jason Hershcopf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Oct 1996 20:58:51 -0500
Over the past few months, I have been looking to buy two ferrets.  I
recently went into a pet store and found two kits that were very friendly
(they were even kissing us).  I went back tonight, and found two new kits.
I was a little disappointed.  When I tried to take them out of the cage they
both bit me, and attached themselves to my hand.  I was finally able to get
them out without them attacking me.  None of the books and articles I have
read have addressed this behavior.  I realize that they are kind of cramped
in 10 gallon tank, but is this biting normal behavior.  I was trying to
figure out which pair were normal the biting or non-biting.  Could it have
anything to do with the size of the tank?  I would prefer to buy from a
breeder in NJ, but the closest I can find is in PA (about 5 hours away).  I
am looking to get them this weekend, so please respond as quickly as
possible.

TIA,
jason