From:
Dee Eisenman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Sep 2000 07:27:15 PDT
>From:    william killian <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: zen on ADV and the constitution

>>From:    Anne Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
>>Subject: ADV & The US Constitution
>>In reponse to the person asking about whether ferrets will be exposed to
>>ADV for research. I have noticed that there are a great many shows coming
>>up in the next few months.  I am BEGGING you all to SPECIFICALLY ask what
>>sanitation methods will be used.

Killian responds:
>In this case it looks like politics.  You are apparently trying to do
>the same blame games that have always been done with shows done by rival
>groups.

Last time I checked, pointing out something important does not necessarily
mean it is for political gain or for malicious behavior.  Why would one
assume that this is a tactic to stop a show?  Many people on this list have
pointed out the dangers involved with exposing your ferrets to these shows
plus the stress on the animals.  This was not a very nice remark and could
be construed as a  witch hunt  from your side.  Amen for anyone warning of
the dangers!  I had even heard that ADV can be spread through the air but
of course, nothing is confirmed.

>I have been to waaaayyyy too many shows with lackluster sanitary
>procedures.  IMHO, after breeding, poor sanitation at shows is the next
>most likely way of your ferret becoming infected.

AMEN, Anne for pointing this out!  ADV is not the only thing spread through
these shows.

Mr. Killian again:
>You run a mail list that was a witchhunt against anyone that the "in"
>powers decided was guilty.  None was about known transmission at shows.
>Much was harassment of a shelter for possible transmissions though all
>tests have shown none.  The record of the notes posted to
>news:alt.pets.ferrets clearly showed the nature of the ADV witchhunt.

Hmm now I am confused.  ADV witchhunt ?  Are you implying that we should
not go after and try to destroy ADV?  Words must be used very carefully
here.  Any list that you disagree with, is a witchhunt ?  If you don t
agree with it, why spend so much time there?

Mr. Killian:
>Marshall Farms seems to be using that reasoning in why they are not filing
>suit against their bashers from what a few of their employees have said.

Wow!  I sure would like to talk to those employees.  Are they in customer
service or are they the ones who actually handle the ferrets?  Often,
customer service people are misled and provide inadequate information.  It
is strange that nobody from there ever comes forward to defend Marshall
Farms.  Are we to trust that the information you are providing is fact?
I see no source provided.

Mr. Killian:
>it would be prudent to actually talk to an attorney instead of trusting
>any of us.

I agree completely!  This is the best thing you pointed out in your post.
You are also correct on the definition of slander and defamation of
character.  Kim has not done anything wrong and her website tells a story
with factual information, nowhere does she bash this person.  It is similar
to if I posted something about a faulty product and my experience with it.
Nothing wrong here, Kim, you have a huge heart to do what you did for these
ferrets!

HOORAY!