From:
James Rademaker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Nov 2008 11:48:40 -0700
It's that time of year that I hate most, Fall Gutter Cleaning. I get
out the extension ladder and prepare to get to work. I decided to give
my ferret Levi, who loves to get out and play in the leaves, an outing.
I put him in the hood of my jacket where he likes to ride with paws on
my shoulder looking down on all around him. Together we climbed the
ladder to the roof. Upon reaching the gutter level he proceeded to leap
to the roof. Just smelling the leaves in the gutter must have been more
than he could stand. He commenced to hopping, war dancing and digging
in the leaves intently, faster and faster until he appeared to become
one big blur, leaves flying everywhere. Fearing he would fall out, I
reached for him at which time he decided it had become a game. He took
off down the length of the gutter, leaves were flying out as if being
blown by an air hose under a hundred pounds of pressure. I quickly
scurried down the ladder and ran with ladder in hand to the other
end of the house to intercept him. When he got to the downspout all
subsided. I positioned the ladder and started my ascent. About half way
up I see Levi leap into the air, do a perfect jack knife that wound
earn the "Gold" for any Olympic diver and disappear straight into the
downspout. Again I do the quick descent, hands and feet on each side
of the ladder and a rapid slide to the ground. I ran to the opening
where a bulge in the vinyl downspout was starting to form. Fearing he
was stuck I looked into the opening to see if I could see him. I was
immediately hit in the face by a blast of leaves equivalent to buckshot
out of a shotgun. All of a sudden, out pops Levi. He proceeds to do a
shake-off, sneezed twice blowing out little dust clouds with each
sneeze, then looks up at me as if to say "NEXT!"

I was going to put gutter guards on this year but decided against it. I
had all my gutters cleaned in about 10 minutes. I returned the guards
for a full refund and bought Levi a large bottle of "Tone". We now have
the cleanest gutters on the block! I wished I could find another like
him, then I would have a pair of Levis.

WARNING! Do not try this at home. This is a job that should be left
to professionals. If you need gutter cleaning Levi can be reached at

Mike Rademaker w/Levi, Manny, Ellie, Shelby, Heidi & Preston

P.S. Beat that J. Gordon! LOL
P.S.S. I do hope no one takes these seriously.