From:
Sylvia L Soto <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Oct 1999 10:42:46 -0400
I recently made another addition to my ferret family.  I already had two
girls (Nala and Pinky) and I adopted Niko this past Sunday.  Nala was my
first ferret and when I first brought Pinky home, they seemed to be at
odds, but I could tell that they were going to get along fine once they got
used to each other.  This time it is different.  Niko is very territorial
and so is Nala.  I can't seem to get them to get along.  To begin with, my
girls are very small in size and he is pretty big (he is under a year, I'm
not sure of his age).  When he plays, he is very very rough.  I don't think
my girls enjoy playing with him too much.  Yesterday I heard horrible
screeching in the other room and I discovered it was Nala.  Niko was after
her and needless to say, there was poop flying everywhere.  I don't want
to give Niko up, he really is a loving ferret who loves people.  I am
currently keeping them separate (I ordered another cage, but until I get
that one, I am alternating cage time) and I supervise them when they are
together.  Does anyone have any tips on what I should do to get them to
like each other, or at least tolerate each other?  Please, please, please
write me back personally or post suggestions.

Thank you in advance.