From:
Eddie Brittenham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Jan 2004 04:54:41 EST
I have one that comes to a sqeaky toy -- and when he was sick in the
hospital -- thought to have lymphnoma -- i went by and took his toy --
i couldnt see him -- too sick -- but the vert promised he could have
his toy -- the next day they said he was improving -- even moved his
"squeaky" (until this point - i had him for almost 1 1/ years -- but
didnt realize it squeaked) to the corner of his cage -- -- amazing -- hes
still here and will not leave my heels if he hears that toy -- will even
climb up my legs to the top of my head to get his baby and safely put it
away (under the bed) -- man if even half of the people who give up
ferrets could have that loyalty and dedication to them -- what a blessing
to know that in the event of an emergency --this squeaky could be his
lifesaver --

on another note -- we lived in a double wide and was remodeling a
bathroom -- every night I had given ferretone -- just a drop or two
before last minute tucks (still do) --a sable girl -- got into the air
vet -- i thought oh --no -- call the fire dept -- instead -- i ran
through the mobile -- opened all the vents -- and started ringing the
bell that i did everynight -- sure enough --we met at one -- and i teased
her with treats and out she came -- to a scolding -- no way -- she got a
bath - (thats an inexpensive but nerve racking way to clean your vents )
and some well deserved treats... so for me -- any stimula --that will aid
in making a ferret come on command must be aconsidered a blessing --and
thats my 2 cents worth ---

VETS -- come on -- do we really have to degrade a vet on here -- get
real -- the fact that we even know some that will take a look at our
fuzzies is great -- i dotn care what vet you are -- jsut like the best
surgeons in the world -- you have deaths -- usually its the uneducated
and emotional people that raise all the fuss -- if you people have the
knowledge to talk about how bad or good a vet is -- then that must mean
you are more educated -- so why are you not opening your own practice --
Persoanlly -- I stand up and applaud any vet that includes ferrets in
their practice -- -- you want to talk about somebody being ferret
killers -- then point to a ferret farm thats producing them faster than
the shelters can place them -- whos the root cause of this problem ----

hugs --dooks and ferret kisses to all --