From:
nicholas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Oct 2003 06:11:30 -0700
Our little ferret, Sheba, has been diagnosed with a tumor.  The vet
told us that sheba has a tumor on the pancreas.  This tumor is causing
Insulinomia.  The vet put Sheba on the medicine, Pretnazone.  We have
been giving it ot her everyday, for the last 2 months.  But the medicine
is not a fix.  it just helps control the sugar levels.  Now, it seems
like the medicine is not working.

Sheba starting haviing seizures.  She has maybe 5 in a row at a time.
When it first happened rushed her to the emergency vet, and let her stay
in the hospital.  Now, she came home for a day and now she is having the
seizures again.  the vet said that we could opt.  for the operation to
remove the tumor, but the operation is no gurantee for success.  the
tumor could be small or it could be large as to have engulfed the whole
pancreas.  she might survive the surgery and she may not.

Sheba is 6 and 1/2 years old and we are afraid for her.  I welcome your
thoughts and prayers.

has anyone else experienced anything like this?  does anyone know
anything on this topic?

Thanks,
Nicholas, Sheba