From:
Leigh Whitaker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 May 1999 10:22:33 EDT
We got one of these scat mats to keep our cat from peeing on the bathroom
rug.  The first time he set a foot on it he shot up in the air and didn't
come down till he was out of the bathroom all together.  We decided to see
how the ferrets would respond to this.  We let them out in the bathroom and
let them discover the mat on their own.  When they stepped on the mat they
just sort of stood there for a minute then they started dooking and
attacking each other, like they thought it was the other's fault they were
getting zapped!  It was very funny, and it didn't really seem to phase
them.  They'd just hop off and on the mat like.  For those who think it's
cruel..  I stepped on the mat myself and it's only mildly unpleasant static
electricity, but I don't plan on exposing the ferrets to it again, and now
that the kitty isn't peeing in the bathroom anymore it's put away.

Leigh