From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Dec 2007 10:58:00 -0500
We saw "Stardust" the other day (and greatly enjoyed it but would
have liked it to have ended shy of the last scene in the palace). When
the  second evil woman was being fought they showed the cages and I
exclaimed, "The ferrets HAVE to save the day!" Guess what? They did!

We are also looking forward to eventually seeing "Golden Compass".
Yes, I know that there are some who object (Gack!) that it was written
from an atheist's standpoint, but remember that a number of my closest
family members and dearest friends are atheists and I am an animist,
and we sure don't squawk about other movies just because they come from
those who have different religious viewpoints and seek introduce us to
theirs, so what the heck... It looks like great fun and good story. A
ferret animation is in it and it is a fantasy which is supposed to be
pleasantly convoluted, so Steve and I suspect that we'll enjoy it
greatly when we finally have time to devote to it. Sadly, with ill
family members that may not be until we can get the DVD. That's life,
though. I know that multiple people here have said that they enjoyed
it and liked the CG ferret, so we look forward to joining them.

Ferrets make the best heros.

We had some good news. Our 20 year old niece does not appear to have
MS. They think that the spot on her brain MRI is either possibly from
severe migraines or from post-concussion syndrome. That part of the
family made a real mistake by just using the pain clinic the car
insurance wanted used. It missed two nastily damaged ligaments (which
have had nerve blocks now) and appears to have possibly missed a
concussion. Makes a person wonder: insisted upon by the car insurance,
paid by the car insurance, said there was no damage. Yeah,
riiiiiiiight... Still, she is improving with care and a worrisome
possibility has been removed from consideration.

Another spot of good news: a younger friend (someone who was a mentored
student at the labs) whose family is of Pakistani origin was planning
to take his girlfriend to Pakistan to meet family but she wound up
unable to go so he went alone for a visit and then a day or two after
he arrived, while he was laid up with food poisoning (Ouch!) in another
part of the country (NOT the way to see family) the bombing that killed
Bhutto occurred. We didn't know where he was, if his family was near
the worst of the trouble, and no one heard from him (because the
physicians had him resting under care) so were quite worried. Now we
know that he is safe and the part of the country that he is in has
remained mostly peaceful, though he saw a car someone has set aflame.
So, with Dad (93) having three terminal conditions, our niece (20) in
so much pain, and a dear older friend in his 80s terminally ill we have
been under stress so are glad to have had some spots of sunshine coming
through. Everyone goes through times like this, of course. It's just
life and now is just one of our turns at it. I am awaiting a bag with
some of Dad's shirts so that i can sew the button holes closed with the
buttons over them, like they are being used, and put in velcro tabs as
the actual fasteners. Have to get some accessibility stuff for Steve's
parents (in their 80s), too, as well as chair elevator info for their
location.

The ferrets continue to do well. Whizbang looks like she has abs of
steel after she lost so much omentum when the seroma caused the tissue
next too her abdominal incision to give out and we did our wee hours
ride for emergency surgery with her lower half in a plastic bag due
to how much was hanging out. NOT the route to liposuction. The rest
are well, too. On a diet of no more than 35% protein our two who are
genetically prone to cystine uroliths continue through the years to
have good urological health in all tests. Telemna still plays her toy
Little Tikes pianos most days but we haven't figured out a good way
to film her that she will tolerate so the one short clip on You Tube
remains the only film we have of that. All the ferrets love their hugs
and cuddles so i will use telling you about them as an excuse to give
them some extras.

Sukie (not a vet)

Recommended ferret health links: