Date:
Wed, 11 Dec 2002 12:49:07 -0800
Hello everyone!

I am new to this list.  I have two ferrets-a chocolate and an albino,
both females.

I have a question about my albino (Kahlua).  She was a single ferret for
about 5 months (she is 8 months old) and a month ago she started becoming
scared, shaking in her cage, hiding under the chair when let out, not
letting us play with her.  She didn't seem to be scared of people but
something certainly has either scared her (I have a cat but they are
friends) or maybe she isn't feeling well.  I got my second ferret to keep
Kahlua company (her name is Sable)a couple weeks ago and they are now
good friends, about the same age.  Kahlua jumps around and acts like a
normal ferret here and there, much more social with the other ferret than
with us humans.  She has gradually gotten better since the initial scared
episode but she still hides and doesn't like to be held.  No pattern on
why she acts like that and sometimes she is fine.  Should I take her to
the vet, or is she just no longer a kit and wants to be by herself?  (I
hope she doesnt stay this way).  I have also palpated small bumps in her
stomach area, that my other ferret doesn't have.  I am low on funds, so I
wanted to see if anyone has had experience with a ferret suddenly acting
strange, slowly going back to being a loving ferret, but still some what
aloof.  Any comments?  Any ideas on what bumps could be in an 8 month old
ferret?

Thanks!