From:
Rich Stephens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 Aug 2002 17:08:51 EDT
dooks all

do's anybody know of some patterns for hammiesor sleep sacks and i can
get them.  and i've read about a lot of you that sell stuff on e-bay how
is don.  recently i found a wall hanging at the ferret store called the
10 commandments for resonsible ferret owners.  and while i know most you
already have one or have seen it i thoight i'd share it.

1. my life is likely to last 5-10 years, any seperation from you will
be painful.  when you decide to make me part of your life, let it be
forever.  if at some time in our lives you cannot keep me, make sure that
my new home will provide what i need and will supply the love, care and
socialization i crave.

2. let me teach you to understand me and what i need from you i will test
you from time to time to make sure you remember the lessons.

3. keep me safe and secure.  protect me from others that would harm me i
depend on you.  you are my lifeline.

4. talk and cuddle me.  your voice is as enjoyable to my ears as birds
sweetly singing are to yours.  your gentle touch is as warm as the soft
rays of the sun.

5.i need fresh nutritional food and fresh water, warm clean blankets to
cuddle in during winter,cool clean blankets to lay on in the haet of the
summer.  my litter box and cage should be cleaned daily.  hugs and social
time each and every day.  do not put me in a cage poutside.  i belong
inside with my family.

6. i will make many mistakes.  i am not perfect.  be gentle when you
correct me.

7. don't get angry at me.i am an intelligent,joyous,curious creature and
will get into things.  know that this is how i am.  i am notn trying to
be destuctive.  i depend on you to watch out for me and protect me from
danger.

8. never hit me or shake me.  i am small and can hurt very easily.  when
you are angry at someone or something else, do not take it out on me.  i
have nothing to give you but love and joy.  this is my true nature.

9. take special care of me as i grow older.  i may play less but i still
love you just as much as when i was young enough to dance.  monitor me
closely for i will experience ailments as i grow older.

10. when i no longer enjoy life and i am in pain with no relief, please
stay with me till the end.  i have given you my love.  don't disappoint
me in my last moments here on this earth.  tell that you love me and hold
me close.let my passing be gentle.

always remember that i love you.