From:
"JASON B. MORSE" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Nov 1994 23:59:12 -0600
Greetings all,

My little ferret Crock and I have been subscribers to this list since early
this spring, and I always knew that someday I would actually post something...
but I never thought it would be something like this.  I have had my friend
since he was 2 months, I bought him at a local pet-store because I had always
been fascinated by these creatures, and needless to say he quickly stole a
place in my heart.  Oddly enough, the sales-clerk who sold him to me also won a
place in my heart and we have been dating for 1.5 years (Wednesday was our
anniversary).  Where is this story going?  Well let me say that my girlfriend
has a special love for birds, and not such a great love for ferrets.  On Monday
I found out that Crock too has a love for birds (Cockatiels to be exact) when
my girlfriend returned from an errand to find her favorite bird Reba dead, and
Crock with feathers on him.  Usually Crock is in a big cage, designed for cats
and such, but the cage wasn't available and my girlfriend had put him in the
closet and put a board in the open door.  Unfortunately she didn't realize
that it seems to take an engineering degree to keep the little booger
contained, the birds were loose... and you know the rest.  My girlfriend is
is a pre-vet student and knows that it is just the ferret's nature, but
Crock needs to go... somewhere.  She can't live with the the animal that took
her joy, and I can't live without her.

That is the jist of my problem.  I need to find Crock a good home where he will
get plenty of love and attention.  I know this list is filled with people like
that, so I am asking anyone who thinks they can take him to please let me know.
I live in Cookeville, TN (halfway between Knoxville and Nashville) but driving
is no obstacle, he loves road-trips.  I want him to go to a home with other
ferrets to keep him company, I have always regretted not getting him a
playmate.  If anyone from Atlanta would be interested, that would also simplify
things because I plan to take a trip down there in the near future anyway.

Crock is a two-year old light-brown (he keeps changing, but he has a
mask and is kind-of a very light sable) male.  He has NEVER bitten a human out
of anger, but will nibble on your fingers when playing.  His vaccinations
are up to date (no rabies shots though) and has had no outside contact with
other ferrets for at least a year.  I love him very much and I hate to lose
him, but if he goes to a home that will love him, then that will be making
the best of a bad situation.  Please e-mail me at [log in to unmask]
if you think you can help us out.

Thanks!
Jason and "Crock the Terrible" (to my girlfriend anyway)

*  Jason Morse                       email- [log in to unmask]       *
*  Junior in Computer Science        mail- PO BOX 8236 Cookeville, TN 38505 *
*  Tennessee Technological Univ.     phone- (615) 372-4811                  *