From:
"Phil Gentry" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Aug 1991 11:13:28 -0400
Chris,

 My girlfriend Carolyn has two ferrets, a brother and a sister
named Charlie and Bandit, I have an only female named Sadie.
All are approximately six months old and the females are
spayed and the male is neutered. Even though they do not live
together they have spent a lot of time together and get along
very well. Charlie is the male. He is very easy going and kind of
a big old Klutz. When Carolyn first gets out of the shower and
is sitting at her makeup table Charlie will lick her bare leg a
couple of times and then sink his teeth into the calf of her leg.
Needless to say he was only allowed to do it once, but he wants
to do it every time Carolyn is still a little wet from the shower.
At first we thought he wanted or needed something, so we
would try to figure out what it was he wanted. The other day
when Sadie and I came to visit, I picked him up to give him a
cuddle and after I held him a while he licked my forearm twice
and sunk his teeth in before I knew what was happening. Can
you or any of your readers tell me if this can be stopped or if
it is a phase or is it like a dog that bites and can never be
trusted ? I have always felt that a dog that bites can not be
broken and for sure never trusted. Is this true with ferrets  ?
We have grandchildren and they love the ferrets and the ferrets
love them, they play together for hours and no one has ever
been bitten. But after Charlie bit my arm we are a little
reluctant to let him play with the little children. Sure hope you
guys have some experience with this.

Thanks,

Phil Gentry 72701,2535 @COMPUSERVE.COM