From:
"Michael F. Janke" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Mar 1998 08:26:09 -0500
>From:    CORRINE A ROONEY <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Lucy's passing after Adrenal Surgery question
>I went to see Lucy after that to say good-bye.  She looked peaceful but
>there was allot of bruise like hemorrhaging (under the skin) around her
>abdomen where the stitches were.I had never seen this with a surgery
>before.  Has anyone else seen this or know why it happened?

Corrine, I'm so sorry to hear about Lucy's passing.  As for the bruising, I
don't know if it's common, but I've seen it before.  When my Punky Doodle
had adrenal surgery, everything from his chest on down was one huge, dark
purple bruise.  It even included the insides of his hind legs, almost down
to his toes.  I've also seen some (much less) bruising on other's that have
had surgery.

Punky Doodle did just fine after surgery, so Lucy's bruising may not be
related to the cause of her death.

For the ferrets,
Mike

* Michael F. Janke, [log in to unmask]
* Secretary, South Florida Ferret Club and Rescue, Inc.
*
* Visit our web site: http://www.gate.net/~mjanke