From:
Nancy Busso <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Dec 2011 14:38:32 -0500
My dear big guy Parker left for the Bridge, with the vet's help, late
Sunday night. I had taken him in last Thursday but the vet wanted to
try for a few days. He rallied for a while then went quickly downhill
on Sunday. When I called my vet he was sleeping but I told him Parker
couldn't wait until morning, he was having seizures non-stop. I gave
him medication but it didn't help completely and I didn't want him to
suffer.

Parker was found wandering in Bastendorf Beach Park one year ago.
His feet were raw and his nose was scratched up from all the walking
through the brush,,,and he was adrenal. Sometimes I just hate people.
He became one of my most beautiful ferrets and HUGE...he loved his
soup! He joined a large group no problem. I can't say what color he
was because he seemed to be all colors. He was silver, cinnamon, roan,
Siamese and gorgeous.

Parker's group had got smaller with only Hero, Moxie, Stewie and crazy
Precious so I decided to gradually introduce the "white girls" Isabelle
and Pearl. They had been playing together every day with very few
arguments. Pearl fell madly in love with Parker. When he became ill and
stopped playing she would search the house for him and stay curled up
around him. If he didn't come out of the cage at all then she would
find him there and curl up with him. She is devastated now. My daughter
Mary decided to put Pearl and Isabelle into Parker's cage last night so
the 2 groups could become one and grieve together. Hopefully the rest
of Parker's friends can ease Pearl pain. I will bury Parker today now
that his group has had time to see his body and grieve.

Nancy and her 12.... missing sweet Gem and now big guy Parker