From:
Charles Thistlethwaite <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Feb 1995 03:59:33 -0500
Just to let all those concerned with Boomerang the neglected ferret, he is
hanging in there with a lot of supportive care.  I.V. and oral doses of
amoxocillian have helped, but the throat is still extremely swollen and he
has clawed the roof of his mouth exposing a portion of the skull.  His front
paws have had to be bandaged and taped to keep him from scratching out the
inside of his throat and mouth.  He is in a lot of pain, but is doing about
ten times better than before I and the DVM got involved.

Reading my E-mail, it seems fellow FMLers share a sense of outrage that this
happened, or that they have had similar experiences with their friends.
 Either way, it seems we need to educate fellow ferret owners of the the
special needs and attention our fuzzies need.