From:
Patti Higgins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Jun 2001 15:48:04 -0700
Hi all,
Butter has a new buddy.  Her name is Ginger and they have adjusted just
fine.  Ginger is now four months old and adored and spoiled by everyone.
She especially loves the Sheltie BB and he allows her to lay on his paws
for a little while.  However, he was trained by Butter who also likes to
cuddle but the transition from cuddling to playfighting wasn't ever
accompanied by any body language that BB could relate to.  So BB allows
Ginger to cuddle but keeps a close eye out in case she too starts initating
a wrestling match with a quick chomp.

Butter has always enjoyed exploring the shower while the water is on but he
prefers to keep from getting too wet.  About every two weeks he approaches
the door and does his up signal which means he would like to be held in the
shower close to the outlet.  If he is going to get wet he wants to be very,
very wet.  We don't use any soap.

Ginger on the other hand loves to dance on the floor of the shower and get
completely wet while exploring.  She isn't so happy about being held in the
water.  Butter thinks she is crazy as she plays in the water completely
oblivious to the soaking!

I have to be very careful about dropping the soap and having small pieces
break off because they both love to lick soap.  We have mostly moved to
the liquid soaps by the sinks because of this.

Patti,
Butter "That new little girl tries to cuddle too much!"
Ginger "I wish the cat would let me sleep on her paws."