From:
Katharine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Jul 2011 08:15:53 -0400
One very simple "soup" recipe is to soak kibble in water and then run
it through the blender. I use this for those who no longer want to eat
dry, hard kibble, or who aren't eating enough. I use about 2 cups of
kibble to 4 cups of water. I have several who eat this exclusively.

For one with tummy problems, I mix a can of A/D, a jar of meat baby
food, and 1/3 cup of water. Mix with a hand blender and this can be fed
either from a bowl, or through a syringe. If only syringe feeding, try
to work up to about 40cc, at least 3 times a day. That should at least
prevent weight loss. Another feeding every day should help with weight
gain. If you do this long-term, try adding TF Complete Care for
Ferrets, a powdered supplement that will provide the vitamins and
minerals they are missing. I also add this to the hand blender mix so
any larger pieces are broken down.

Give the carafate 20-30 minutes before each feeding.

Katharine
Florida