From:
Nikki virgin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Jun 2003 12:49:53 EDT
Hi all,

I have some questions and would like some feed back.  I adopted Moki from
a shelter in 2000 and he was about 1 and 1/2 then.  I think He is about
5-6.  he just had a bad episode where he lost a lot of weight and was
unable to keep his hind legs up.  I brought him to the vets and we
thought at first he cought a virus.  well his liver emzimes were up and
his blood sugar low(which we figured as he hadn't been eating) but not
the liver emzimes.  the vet feels it is prolly insolnomeia(spelling is
off I know) we have him on a med 2x a day.

My question is from the experience here what is his prognoses without
surgery?  Money is extremely tight in my house right now and I just
can''t afford a lot for surgery.  Moki is my baby and my favorite
ferret.  He is doing much better now thanks mostly to the "duck soup"
rescipe!!!!!!!!!!!!!  He loves it.  Also how can I encourage him to eat
his regular kibble again and drink his regular water without compromising
his health?

Please feel free to email me any suggestions!!!!

Also I have 2 with adrenal gland disease.  they are both happy and
healthy otherwise.  the weird thing I have noticed is that my 3 healthy
ferrets with no issues are not marshall farm ferrets but the other 3
are.  Is that just a coincadence?

nikki