From:
Kevin & Erin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Jul 1996 18:13:38 -0400
Hi again, as you can tell from my subject heading, I'm having a problem.
First of all let me tell me you all that we have finally gotten a wonderful
new girl named Buddy.  She's a beautiful silvermitt with bright, shiny eyes
and a really kind nature.  Her story goes like this: we got her at
Superpet(a really big, very clean place).  She was in the "adoption area" of
the store and what we didn't know was that meant she was free...Yes FREE!
Someone had her for three years and suddenly his dad didn't like
ferrets(???).  Anyway, she was brought back and we fell in love with her.
The HELP part of this situation is that we tried to introduce her to
Bear(the big stinky) and she wants no part of him at all!  We thought he
would be the anti-social one, but he just has to get near her and she
high-tails it for anywhere else but near him.  Once she takes off, he
assumes she's the new ferret toy and runs after her.  A great chase happens
and never ends, we have to stop it because she starts panting.  Dayna had a
good idea of putting Ferretone on the new one, but Bear never gets close
enough to her to even know.  We haven't had this type of problem introducing
ferrets before and are at a loss for what to so now.  They are still living
in separate cages due to the lack of getting to know each other.  We've had
them out together(if you can call it that) for two days and don't know if
this is weird or regular.  Therefore...HEEEELLLPPP!!!

Thanks in advance,
Erin, Kevin, Buddy and Bear the big stinky

P.S.  Superpet is in Canada(owned by P.J.'s) and is worth going to, they
even had 8 in 1 food there but we were afraid to buy it after the worm story
a while ago...any news on that???