From:
Pie O' Pah <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Jan 2009 18:22:58 -0500
Dear Pat & Momma Becky,

It was a lazy, overcast morning, and as I sat by the fire sipping a cup
of warm ferretone and reading my January issue of "Ferrets Magazine",
when I heard a soft rapping at my door. It wasn't the usual
thump-thumping that I expect from by brother Hobbes, so I had to
wonder, who could it be? Upon opening the door, I saw none other then
my brother Tisha. Tisha had this huge smile on his gentle, white face,
this silly, hand knitted scarf with all of these little frogs on it
wrapped around his neck , and a this huge green sack slung over his
shoulder. I remember him dropping the bag and giving me one of his warm
and wonderful hugs and telling me just how nice it was to see me, and I
have to admit, it brought a tear to me eye to see this gentle soul upon
my door. He then handed me a scroll and said, "I know Hobbes usually
brings you these things, but this one is special Pie ..... he likes
frogs, just like me!"

Now you have to know Tisha to know just how much he loves these little
amphibians. During his earthly life he had this trio of green, squeaky
frogs that he took everywhere he went. No matter where he played, his
trio was near, and when he slept, they were all safely nestled next to
him, and each time he changed his hidey hole, they went into it, and
when he left for the Bridge, well mum let him take one of this frogs,
but she kept the other two so she could always have a reminder of him
near her. I remember on the day he left, in her prayers for him, she
asked the Big Guy to make sure he had more then enough frogs keep his
little heart happy and when he did arrive at the Bridge, he was pulling
behind him one of those Red Ryder Wagons filled to the brim with all
manner of frogs, and toads and even a small squeaky Frenchman.

I had to laugh, because it made perfect sense to me, he wanted to be
there not just to see this handsome, cinnamon boy arrive safely, but he
had also brought along with him a bag of frogs to give to him as well.
He also had brought a few friends as well, and they came shyly up to my
front porch and introduced themselves, there was Pooh Bear and Winston
and Noree and each one of them came bearing a frog one of sort or
another.

"It's Tisha's idea.". said Winston, "He told me it made him feel so
welcomed when he arrived with that Red Ryder wagon filled with not only
frogs, but memoires of his earthly life, so he figured we could do the
same for Willy."

"I think it's a fine idea.", I said and after bundling up in my warmest
gloves and jacket, the five of us made our way to the Bridge. Along the
way we found a larger group of fuzzits who had made this lovely banner
which read "Welcome to the Bridge Willy The Great Ferret Warrior" and
it had that great picture of him from the 2009 FML calendar, and all I
could think was, *we* have a celebrity coming here, a real life FML
celebrity.

Everyone was excited by this and so by the time we had reached the
Bridge itself, it was like we had all flocked to a red carpet event and
Willy was going to be our star. The Bridge, understanding just what was
needed in order to properly greet Willy, was lit up just like one of
those old time theatres with the floor lights and all, I swear, the
only thing missing was the popcorn!

Suddenly we could hear this soft music and then the floor lights turned
a soft golden color and over the Bridge came this sincerely handsome
cinnamon fuzzit, and true to what you said Pat. he had with him that
favored froggy toy with him and this hundred watt smile!!!

He looked so shy and so very much overwhelmed by the amount of love
that had been waiting for him, but what he really wanted more then
anything else was to tell his Momma that he loves her, and that he
always will. He knew that when he left, there would be all manner of
things he would be leaving behind, a good home, a favored sleeping
place, but they very worst being the pain he had been under, and now
the pain was left far behind and her love is what carried him here to
the Bridge.

Pooh Bear, Winston and Noree were all so happy to be there for him,
but I think it was Tisha who felt the greatest joy of all, because he
had found a kindred brother of the frog and a gentle ferret warrior to
boot, and as we left, to show him around his new forever home, he asked
me to send on this very simple, but heart filled message.

"I love you so very much Momma!!!!"

In Love & In Comfort,
Pie O' Pah