From:
Shawna-Lynn Kaufman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 May 1996 17:27:36 -0400
Hi everybody, my name is Audrey Kaufman.  You may recognize my e-mail
address because my daughter Shawna is a regular on your list.  She is
absolutely crazy about ferrets, and has persuaded me and my SO to let her
adopt one--maybe even two!  We have our doubts.  I have a good sized dog who
I'm sure would love to shake the ferret at every given opportunity.  What
happens when you have to board the little weasel?  Does it get sick and
miserable if boarded?  How much money do you have to spend on this thing per
year?  How happy are they at home when nobody's around?  Do they cry or make
noises when they want attention?  Are they as miserable as my dog can be and
can they be destructive if left alone?  How will they act if someone comes
to visit and they don't feel comfortable with them?  Do they carry any
diseases that can be trasmitted to humans?  Do they get worms?  How harmful
and painful can a ferret bite be?  Are they noisy at night?  Do they make a
mess of their cages?  Do they smell?  How often do they have to be washed?
As you can see, I am not convinced that this animal is going to be a great
pet, so any info (unbiased, of course) will be greatly appreciated.  My
daughter is convinced that she cannot live without a ferret.  She knows she
will have to pay for all of it's expenses, and she still wants one.  Thanks
everyone!

Audrey Kaufman