From:
kat parsons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Sep 1999 07:44:40 -0700
Bobby...& list...
i am one who is not against pet store ferrets... those babies need homes
too...they are not going to stop selling them at pet stores...no way...

and i feel that those babies need loving homes too...and experienced
homes...

think about it... if you get a ferret from a breeder or shelter, you have
to go through an extensive "check-out", for want of a better word, to make
sure you are a good home for that fuzzy...

BUT... not at a pet store!!!...they may give you some info on ferret
care... (mine did)...and ask if you have had ferrets before...(mine did)...
but not all even go that far... so basically, these baby ferrets go to
homes not prepared for them, and lots eventually end up in shelters...

so, i figure, for every ferret i get, or any knowledgeble ferret person
gets, from a pet store...that is one less that will likely get turned into
a shelter later... less trauma for the ferret...they get to stay with the
person they love... less over crowding for the shelters...because
ferret-wise people will tend to keep their ferrets...

it makes sense to me...

i have 9 ferrets...
6 from pet stores...
3 from people who did not want theirs anymore...

===
kat and the krew
RASCAL~my cinnamon...my first~*~SASSY~my lady~*~WOLFIE~my sweetest
boy!!!~*~ MONKEY(SHINE)~my "blaze" wild man sweetheart!!!~*~POPPYE~
my Sterling Silver~*~ MEEJA~my sable maniac woman!!!~*~CHASE~my dainty,
dainty DEW little lady~*~ ARMAND~my sable gentleman~*~SLYK~my new silver
mitt/blaze wannabe baby boy~*~ Remembering Marcel...how we loved him!~*~

THE FERRETS' PAGE..."http://www.geocities.com/ferretlover97"