From:
Nancy Busso <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 May 2010 12:17:02 EDT
During the fire at my house, all the ferrets' cages were pushed
outside into the cold and drizzle. We covered the cages with blankets
and when we realized it would be a while before they could be returned
to the house, we pushed the cages across the decking to the guesthouse.
I hoped many would remember the guesthouse as where they were
quarrantined and received lots of love. Instead they all freaked out,
hiding, tearing their cages apart, etc. As soon as the firemen cleared
the smoke with their giant fans, we pushed the cages back to their
original spots in the house in hopes that everyone would settle down.
Days passed and I thought all was well. It wasn't. The youngest in the
group, Tyki, developed ulcers and had to be treated for 21 days with
antibiotics and carafate. So my advice would be to keep checking all
of your ferrets for ulcers due to stress. And give them all some love
from me.

Nancy on the OR coast with her 15