From:
Marilyn Ledoux <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Aug 2006 10:10:09 -0400
Hi FML'ers

How many of you are feeding real chicken to your furkids?  If you say you
have no time, try this.  Buy the boneless, skinless, chicken breasts,
thighs, whatever, put it on to cook in water to cover for however long
it takes.  You can be cooking your own supper at this time also.  Then,
cool it down, and just before you do dishes, after you are ready to sit
down for the night, dump it into the food processor, or blender, and zap.
Package for fridge or freezer.  If you buy a couple of packages, you are
set for two or three weeks.

Sure, you miss the bones, the skin, some fat, but what you have left
is definately better than what you can buy in a jar, or worse yet, they
have none at all.

I don't want to get flamed, I'm not into telling you what to do, I'm a
busy gal, two jobs, hospice ferrets, house to take care of, five litter
pans a night to clean, and what ever else comes down the pike.  I know I
should be doing bones, skin, and such, but I don't have the time.

So, I thought I'd tell you what I'm doing.  It works for me, and all I
have around here are smiling faces, bird is a little unhappy, (might be
one of the relatives) but the dogs, cats, and ferrets are grinning ear
to ear.

Just so you know, the German Shepherd "smiles" on command.  If there is
someone I don't want at my door, I tell her to smile, she pulls back her
lips, and she has beautiful teeth.  What they don't know won't hurt 'em
none.

Marilyn