From:
Donna Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 May 2002 08:12:43 -0400
>From:    Linda Iroff <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: deaf ferret intelligence

I, also, have a ferret with waardenberg signs.  She has wide set eyes, a
white undercoat and she does not open her mouth very wide.  She is a
serious cuddler(lap ferret.) She is also very deaf.  I guess I am lucky.
She is of average intelligence.  She plays/sleeps with the others fine.

She is a little black sable girls.  The only thing is(and this is a deaf
thing)( have to be careful coming up behind her and making no noise.  She
does not bite, she shakes and cries.  And, oh yes, she is very vocal.

Donna(and my 7 fuzzy owners)

Wolfy writes
>ferrets with profound deafness and strong physical traits of WS, are
>percieved to be odd in behavior when in group situations.

Actually, Buttons is a fairly socially adept ferret.  He is 5, profoundly
deaf, and has the Waardensburg trait of being unable to open his mouth
very wide.

Donna(and my 7 fuzzy owners)