From:
Rebecca Stout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Mar 2001 09:17:20 EST
I turn to you all for help as Rocky has done a 180 in behavior.  I went to
try and admit him to a half way home for delinquent teenage ferret boys and
even theeeeey turned him down.  Of course it does not help that one said
Sean is attached to him.

Ok on with the question/problem.  Rocky is a shelter baby..  we got him
at 10-12 weeks of age from a shelter.  He has a tiny bit of hard to detect
neuro damage.  He is huge...a huge MF boy weighing in at about almost
four pounds in the summer and close to five in the winter.  Despite that
size,,,he was at the bottom wrung of the social ladder in our house since
we've had him.  He's very emotional compared to any other ferret I"ve
had.... very.  And he's a little ... well ummmmmmmmmm slow.  Ok.

We've noticed over the past five months he has really learned lots more
ferret social skills rather than being so human oriented.  We've noticed
him catching up on some physical abilities as well.  Now all the sudden
this new confidence has gone awry.  For the past couple weeks he picks on
the second in command while he sleeps horribly.  He waits for this laid
back sweet ferret to sleep before he soaks him in forced baths, ear
washings, and eventually biting his face bad (no blood or anything).  He
likes to walk around and pick on others as they sleep but focus's mainly
on this one ferret.  He is more rambunctious and ferret like when they
are all awake and playing.  But when they are awake he just acts like a
rambunctious and very innocent kit.  He like driving them all nuts lol.

When they are awake...he is not acting like he is dominating anyone at
all though.  I did notice that.  I dont know much about multi ferret
households.... behaviors, etc.  Rocky is now a year old and three months.
I was just curious... does anyone know what he is doing?

Wolfy
Please visit:
http://www.geocities.com/wolfysluv/
for information on ferret deafness: