From:
Ronnie DiComo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Nov 2000 17:11:17 EST
My 4-1/2 year old DEW, Merlin, had emergency surgery this morning for a
urinary tract blockage.  He came through surgery fine, but the next 2 days
will be critical.  I would greatly appreciate any thoughts of healing,
prayers or good wishes that anyone would like to send to him.  And thank
you so much already to people who have been sending him their good
thoughts--there is no doubt in my mind it helped him this morning.  The
past 2 days have been extremely stressful, to say the least.

He was lucky enough to have not one, but 3, wonderful ferret vets present
at his surgery this morning.  My understanding is that the blockage was
caused in part by adrenal disease and in part from an infection.  Good
reason to have adrenal surgery done sooner rather than later, as this was
a life-threatening case, and not something I'd want to go through again.

Dr. Williams (or anyone else who would like to answer), I know that surgery
is the preferred tratment for adrenal disease.  My question is, is the case
for surgery in females as urgent as males?

Thank you to everyone...
Ronnie