From:
"Aileen N." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Nov 1999 07:36:31 -0800
Well, Kyle just can't get enough stuff under the couch.  Socks, stuffed
animals, his harness, an old cloth purse... Pretty soon the couch is going
to be propped up & tipped to one side with all that stuff!

We had a sock stealing tug-o-war, where I would taunt Kyle with a sock
while he was under the couch.  He would slingshot out, grab hold of the
sock, and try to pull it under.  I wouldn't let go, so we pulled back &
forth until I finally gave up & let him have it.  Persistent little bugger.

When I went to dig him out for bed, Kyle was snuggled up with the stuffed
frog he stole the first nite.  So cute.  If only I could've fit a camera
under there.

On a related note, all the space the beasties have in this new apartment
has turned them into maniacs!  They have been SOOOOO ORNERY the last few
days.

Noel climbed up my bathrobe onto the top shelf of my bedroom closet and
knocked down all the towels, sheets, etc, I had stored up there.  She
also can squeeze under the doors to the closets and the bike room, so I
constantly have to pull her back out.

Sandy has been on top of everything she can get on.  The other night she
knocked the phone off the hook and turned off the answering machine.  Then
she got up on the computer and somehow got it out of "suspend" mode.  (I
think she's been taking secret lessons from the FLO.)

Kyle of course is hiding everything in sight.

Slinky is the worst.  He jumps from the couch onto the coffee table (a
distance of at least 3 feet) so he can get to drinks.  He did it 4 times
last night during ER and almost got the cup tipped over twice!  Then he
went beserk because I was eating a 3 Musketeer.  He sprinted up my body and
practically took it out of my mouth.  So I put him on the floor, and right
back up he came.  I gave him a teeny (very teeny) piece of the nougat (no
chocolate) and he finally left me alone.

Then Slinky attacked Sean's margarita.  Alcoholic little fert.  He wouldn't
stop coming back for it.  Sean gave him just a taste off his finger, but
that wasn't enough.  Slinky hooked his claws over the lip of the glass and
tried to pull himself up and into it.  Sean had to stand up to finish his
drink! :-)

Gizmo of course is the calmest of the bunch.  But he got on the end table
the day I was sick and knocked over a fresh glass of soda.  So much for
that nice new carpet...

Ugh!  I never knew the Herd had this much energy!  Help! :-)  Do they make
Valium in ferret-sized tablets?  Just kidding!  I love the energy and joy
they've been exhibiting lately.  I can't wait til it snows & we can go out
to play in it.

=====
Aileen & the Herd
Slinky, Gizmo, Kyle, Noel, & Sandy

"It is a shameful thing that you should mind these folks
that are out of their wits." -Martha Carrier, condemned Salem 'witch'