Date:
Wed, 6 Jan 2010 23:27:39 -0500
We have had a terrible start to the beginning of the new year, we have
lost 3 little buddies in two days. This is double bad because our
family has never had a ferty loss before, so we're hoping all our kids
make it to the bridge ok and are able to start a new home together.

First, we lost El Bandito, our very first ferret ever to renal failure.
He was a silver with a chocolate chip nose and a personality equally
as sweet. He loved his blankies. Mommy always wrapped him in receiving
blankets to put him to bed as a baby, and he never forgot. He would
look for them on laundry day, schmoozing into the clean pile as I
folded. He always took care of the girls. I hope he can get green
dragonfly wings, as he always was so busy just checking things out,
but his favorite human, Brent, loves green and it woud be a way he
can remember Brent. He always took time for loving, and would curl
up in our arms so sweet. He loved games and magic carpet rides.

Next came Noel. She couldn't bear that Bandito went first, as she was
the princess, who must always be first. She was a dark eyed dew, so
tiny when we got her, she could fit in a teacup. If boldess and spirit
were measure of grandness, there was no equal. She would fluff up and
give the business to anyone, despite her size. She was also a Houdini
at getting into cupboards despite child locks. Ever the princess, if
asked to pose, she would freeze for just a second, and if asked to pose
while being held, would do the same. If you needed the better side, she
would turn her head and pose the other way. It was found that she was
also in renal failure due to a large suspected cancerous growth on her
right kidney. Feisty as she was, she played up until the evening before
the morning she was helped over the bridge, only collapsing when her
little body just ran out of time.I'm sure, being the princess, she will
want a photo studio and beautiful pink irredescent wings to match her
little pink nose, lots of ruffles, fluff amd ribbons to decrate her
fur. Goodness help them if they've run out.......

Most recent, we lost our little happy dancer, Jazmine. She battled
Insulonoemia and dehydration from a trip gone bad. She would have
pulled through, but being as active as she was, she could not wait one
more day for the IV to come out, and took matters into her own paws. We
could not save her after that. Maybe she knew Bandito and Noel were
gone, and wanted to follow. We nicknamed her Bubbles because of her
personality, and it stuck more than her true name. She loved her
babies, little stuffed animals, and I know she would have made a
wonderful little mommy. She took the best of care of her babies. When
we brought Noel home, she took over raising Noel as her own, and even
as adults, would drag Noel to the safety of the sofa. The princess
would only take this from Bubbles, as though she was princess, Bubbles
was queen. A noble, full of energy, dancing, happy, little beautiful
sable queen. She had non stop energy, but would flash a toothy grin in
a minute, and Dance at every chance. She loved red, anything red, had
to be hers, it went lovely with her beautiful fur, you know. Our little
mighty Bubbles, bonded with Bandito, mommy to Noel, and later best buds
with Frank. Frank loved her too, though he never argued with Bandito.

Franklin misses all of them...He has been wandering like a little lost
soul looking for them, but I tell him, it's not time yet buddy, when it
is, you'll see them again. For now, Mommy put him with the little kids,
maybe he can teach them how to be cool like him. Maybe they can cheer
him up. I know they help us. It has been quite an ordeal. we miss our
little buddies so much, and to have them all go so quick and at the
same time is very hard. Picture four people sitting around the dinner
table crying into our nachos. They will never taste good again.

So Please, Sarferret greet all our babies, help them find a pretty
place to set up housekeeping and a place that we can have all our
babies go to be safe when their time comes. I hope they didn't get
lost, as we lost none before them. Tell Bubbles Mommy loves her and I'm
sorry I couldn't hold her in the end like the others to say good by,
I hope that she didn't mind that Miss Claudia held her for me at the
vets' since she is such a caring ferret person..Let them all know that
they are so short in our lives, but forever in our hearts.

Thank you,
Cindy Russ Brent & Jess
with ferty friends,
Frank, Sugarfoot, Dobbin, Zoe, Ham, Cheese, and Dora do