From:
Rebecca Stout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Dec 2005 20:23:11 EST
Tonight, four days after his 6th birthday, Rocky passed away in Sean's
arms after receiving a mercy shot.  Never has a little soul been so
beloved not just by a little boy and his family but by so many who have
never even met him.  What an incredible life he has had and what an
incredible journey he has taken us on.

I don't want to say much at this point.  Other than we are morning
quietly and we are beyond devastation.  But do know that there was
nothing "ugly" about his last days, or his moments.  Not even his last
seconds.  This was the fastest, most peaceful passing I've ever witnessed
in my entire life.  Not even one last twitch or last breath.  He was
asleep in all but ten seconds.  So tired ... and so ready.

You know, at first, I was so sad that this happened to this sweet little
boy on Christmas of all times.  I kept looking at the tree, presents and
lights ... everything Rocky loved.  And of the morning that we would have
shared a few days from now.  But a very good friend of mine told me that
this of all things was quite fitting.  Christmas of all times.  For Sean
to give Rocky back a gift for the gift that Sean gave him six years ago.
That is what Christmas is about.  I see it in a whole new light now.  And
so does Sean.  He is with his father as I type and is handling this with
unremarkable dignity so far.

I will fill you in on how this all came to be and how Sean is doing
later.

Please ... please, keep your thoughts with Sean right now.  He very much
needs all the support and positive thoughts he can get.  I don't want
Sean and Rocky to be "no more".  They will be forever in my mind.  And
in Sean's.

Wolfy
in memory of Rocky:

<http://www.picturetrail.com/gid7222047>