From:
Ferret Wise Shelter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Sep 2002 09:42:48 -0400
HI friends--
Whooooeee!  This place just keeps our head spinning- so MUCH going on.
Well we got as little vacation form shelter Mom- was she SURPRISED to see
our room when she came home!  :) I get to help her pick up lots now!

We had some real sad times here little Fat Rat ( who used to be fat & got
skinny) left for the Rainbow Bridge, her cage mates Skipper & Skippy are
feeling pretty lost right now.  Mom was hopeful that they might find a
home cuz someone had inquired about an older pair- but they never sent
back the paperwork so they could come meet them.

Also Harry, Red & Robin are feeling kind of low today too- Mom says it is
a good thing that happened BUT they just don't agree.  Little Francois
finally got to go to his new home-- and they are feeling a tad left
behind!  I am feeling pretty good though cuz the little guy is just
playing away nibbling on hands and feet just like I told him too!  What
a great student!

Mom got to tell a bunch of folks about making new laws to protect
critters like us and she hopes that more fur kids will get better care
when the new laws get made.  She also said she met new ferret liking
folks form PA, MI, NJ , NY and a vet travelled all the way from Maine to
hear the talk- she was so impressed!  She says she heard of at least 2
new laws which are being worked on in states close by, that must be soo
exciting huh?  I know she told the folks the first thing that needs to be
done is to get ferrets OFF the wildlife & Exotic lists-- cuz we all know
we aren't really jungle creatures!  Geesh!  I myself want a little three
cornered cap like my early cousins wore when they worked on the ships in
the colonial Navy!  What a hoot that would be a colonial ferret costume!
Hey if I can get one I will visit the USS Constitution ( in MA) and
everyone will think I AM the mascot!  What a hoot!

Anyways -amidst the sad days and the happy things we are all doing okay-
it is CHILLY here and Mom is now looking to build up the winter heating
fund so we all don't shivver here- so please check out the hammies and
such on ebay!

http://cgi6.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems
&userid=creativekolor&completed=0&sort=2&since=-1&include=0

Also our great webmistress Karen - who was at the Forum at the Falls too-
has updated the web site and especially link sections of the web site to
make it easier to find the links!  She does such great work!  See the new
mohair bear that Jeanne S created to help the shelter, the drawing will
be in Nov.  so don't forget!  ( We are all praying with our paws that our
friend JEanne gets all better at the hospital, Mom spent some extra time
with her- so I got to redecorate the shelter!
www.ferretwise.org
so go on by and check it out!

We hope to see you all at the Pumpkin Carving night Oct 25th here at the
shelter- see calendar listings at  www.ferretwise.org/calendar.html

Shelter Dad will bring lots of stuff to Parsippany NJ for "Oktober Ferret
Fest" on Oct 26th- so you can say HEY to him!

and also plan to come and visit at the Holiday Open house on Dec 7TH!
HUgs to you -- I have to find where the cheerio box got stashed!

Your friend
Jerimiah, mascot
Ferret Wise shelter