Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Wed, 10 Jun 1992 17:30:06 -0400
Hi!

Through reading this list, I am being convinced little by little to
go ahead and get a ferret. I may even get one before I move out of my
current apartment (I have yet to see the landlord, in nine months of
residence.) Naturally, I have a few (read: lots) of questions.

Someone (I don't recall who. I deleted the last issue about eight
hours ago.) mentioned getting a ferret at the Humane Society. Is this
common? What is the likelihood of finding a ferret there? (I'm in
Philadelphia, if it makes a difference)

What kind of cage should be used to keep them in. I'd like to keep
mine romaing free, but I would like to keep it out of trouble while
I'm at work/school.

What's the best way to keep them from smelling? I've noticed that
"descented" ferrets at pet stores smell. (I feel stupid asking this,
but) Is this because they're being kept in a cage? In other words, do
"free-range" ferrets smell better? (Or are pet-store ferrets not
being bathed?) (How do you bathe a ferret, for that matter?)

I'm allergic to cats. Will ferrets affect me the same way?

Has anyone ever had a problem with a ferret chewing their computer? I
may have a computer on loan this fall for work, and I think my boss
would frown on me returning with a gnawed NeXT. (nevermind the AC
problems!)

That's it for now. THANKS!!

Jonathan Hendry