From:
Melissa McDaniels <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Mar 2003 11:09:32 -0500
I got an email today that looked like it was from the FML.  it said
FERRET-L as the sender and had an attachment.  Fortunately my computer
caught it and deleted it before it could do anything, but just be
cautious as it will probably be making its way around to FML members
again.

[Moderator's note:  Those Klez viri and their variants just won't stop.
Although the FML can't transmit the virus since it is *always* sent as
plain text, without attachments, and is hand-edited, it still is wise
to be cautious since something else claiming to be the FML could be a
virus.  Note the FML always goes out with the following two headers.  A
klez virus would not have a "Sender:" header, only a "From:", so that's
one easy way to check tell if something is "Klezed", if your e-mail
program lets you view the headers.

   Sender:   [log in to unmask]
   From:     Automatic digest processor <[log in to unmask]>

Virus writing sounds like something ferrets could be good at, except that
they are way too kind to do something like that!  BIG]