From:
"TinyPrints Left......On My Heart" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 May 2004 07:26:36 -0400
[Moderator's note: I think now that TinyPrints has answered the latest
round of posts about the shelter it's time to move one.  Questions were
raised, they've been addressed and now we can all make our own decisions.
It's turning personal now and the FML has FERRETS to deal with.  General
posts about shelters, accounting (e.g. like a post above) are certainly
always encouraged though.  BIG]

Lisa Thomas.........What a pitiful person you are.  You know damn well my
books were open to everyone.  I posted on our group what was spent, the
vet bills are here, the check book totals were always posted.  That was
my one beef with other shelters is that you did not know what they had
in the accounts, what it costs a shelter to run and how much money needs
to be raised.  For your information, the money that was raised at Fort
Washington, and at all the 6 shows, was put into the separate bank
account.  I used the money to reinvest in products to sell on the table
for the rescue and used the money for the shelter.  How in the heck did
I pay Skip Martin for shelter cages??  The initial investment for our
"wonderful table" was out of my pocket.  Or buy food for the ferrets,
litter, treats and yes, even pay for the 4 boarders I had at my house
which were your friends ferrets.  You know, lets get into about you.
Remember that kit that was dropped at Petco.  We raised money for that
kit.  Lisa is one who was at the store the day the kit got dropped.  We
had to purchase that kit from Petco or the kit would had be put to sleep.
Lisa was one who sold the girl, who did not even care about that kit
another ferret the very next day.  And you are out for the ferrets???
I think not.

Lets talk about the $900 bill I was saddled with.  When we got the $900
bill I freaked.  Of the $900, $250 was for ferrets who were not really in
my rescue.  We were just helping them out (Queen, Possum and Sunshine).
The other $150 was for personal items which one of the members put onto
my account without my approval, so that she would get the shelter
discount.  I knew I had to pay the vet, because it is not fair to the vet
to be standing with an over $900 bill.  I immediately shelled out $200 of
my own money to pay on the bill and asked others to help.  No one came
forward to help, but yet everyone wants equal treatment in the group???
Yes, we knew or I thought we were getting the $500 from Petco, which has
yet to show up and I am not holding my breath.  But, it still was not
fair to leave a vet sit with an outstanding $900 bill.  I was then told
by Carol Krause, that "I" took on the rescue and taking on the rescue
means putting money out of "MY" own pocket.  This coming from a person
who never came up to help with the shelter.  Yes, she did "Donate" (and
I say that loosely) items to be sold on ebay, however, when the group
disbanded, she was the first to request her "Supposedly Donated" items
back.

That is when I decided to separate from this mess of a group........and
go private.  If I am going to be doing ALL the shelter work, paying the
bills out of my own pocket when the bank account is on "E", then why not
do it all on my own.  And now, I see, by all these wonderful posts from
former members, that my decision was a good one.  Who needs friends like
this????  Now lets put this subject to rest.  If Lisa, Carol, Caryn are
so concerned for the ferrets in the shelter, including Carol wanted me to
give her all the ferrets here, then why would they be out to destroy my
fundraising efforts which in turn hurts the ferrets.  This is a sad and
pitiful world we live in right now.........

Marguerite Rauenzahn

TinyPrints Shih Tzu and Rescue
http://www.tinyprints-shihtzu.com
TinyPrints Ferret Rescue
http://www.tinyprintsferrets.com
TinyPrints Ferret Rescue Ebay and Half.com Stores
http://www.stores.ebay.com/tinyprintsferretrescuestore
http://half.ebay.com/shops/shops.jsp?seller_id=1093064