From:
Kristen Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Mar 2005 12:29:16 EST
Hi, this is my first time posting and I hope this makes sense!  I have
acquired a male panda ferret.  We have affectionately named him Sparky.
For a while, Sparky did not talk or interact much with the other ferrets
that I have.  Sparky was kept in a rather bad environment.  The person
that we took him from kept him in a hamster cage, which he was way too
big for.  Sparky now is enjoying running free around the house for 10 or
so hours a day.  I have noticed though that he does not quite have the
energy level of my other ferrets.  Sparky naps more frequently than they
do - does anyone know if this is normal?  We've had him for 3 months now.

Also, I have heard that lots of times panda ferrets are deaf?  My Sparky
will come when you call his name, even if you're not anywhere close to
him.  Is that typically characteristic of a panda ferret?  Any help or
insight would be wonderful!

-Kristen and the Sunny Bunch: Sparky, Snickers and Frito  "E-E"