From:
Ann Barzda <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Oct 2002 09:52:23 -0500
Hi everyone.  First I apologize for cross-posting, but I am trying to
help out a very frantic ferret owner, and will keep it short.

The ferret escaped out of the house in the Lawrenceville area of New
Jersey.  He is a 3.5 yr old hob (altered, I presume), Champagne color,
and his name is George.  He was from a breeder who called him
butterscotch.  He was lost Saturday, 10/26.  The owner has already called
the police, shelters, Animal Control, and all the vets in the area.  He
has already been out all night with a squeaky toy, talked to all the
neighbors, checked garages, sheds, porches, etc, and put up posters in
the immediate area.  Just wanted you all to know he's been doing
everything he can so far.

I told him to call the Animal Control people (etc) again on Monday to
remind them (some were closed), and to keep going out and looking, and
to expand the search farther out from his house and neighborhood.

So, if anyone in that area picks up a champagne hob, or hears of one,
or a shelter receives a champagne hob, the very frantic owner can be
contacted at:

Charles Ratkay
work phone:  609-538-0248
Cell phone:  609-947-0551
email:  [log in to unmask]

If you can't reach him, please call me and I will be able to reach him.

Thanks for any help,

Ann Barzda
Hillcrest Ferrets
609-914-0118

If I have missed any groups or shelters in the NJ area that may be able
to help, please feel free to post this information.  This owner was
crying on the phone with me, so I hope we can help him out.